Looking to hire a SOX Consultant?
Are you or your organisation recruiting a SOX Consultant? Whether it’s a permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for this or any other Governance position.
What is a SOX Consultant?
The Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002, is a United States federal law that set new or expanded requirements for all U.S. public company boards, management and public accounting firms. Several provisions of the Act also apply to privately held companies, for example, the wilful destruction of evidence to impede a Federal investigation. The Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Consultant will help establish and maintain an organisation’s SOX internal controls framework, ensuring financial reporting risk is managed in accordance with applicable regulations, and supporting the annual testing and documentation compliance effort.
The SOX Consultant is primarily responsible for supporting all aspects of the annual SOX program, including risk assessment, scoping, walkthroughs, testing, remediation monitoring and year-end evaluation.
What does a SOX Consultant do?
- Make recommendations on internal control improvements to process and control owners;
- Manage implementation of internal control improvements, including process changes and system implementations;
- Collaborate with IT Compliance on the design, implementation and evaluation of IT general controls and automated Analyse financial reporting elements and business processes for risk significance and likelihood;
- Perform walkthroughs and test internal controls;
- Manage financial reporting spreadsheets risk compliance program;
- Provide training on SOX guidelines and related topics;
- Monitor actions to remediate control deficiencies.
Why should you use us for your search?
- We’re specialists in Governance recruitment. Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market;
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search;
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs;
- We have a database of pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC professionals who are ready and waiting to hear about your role.
If you’re looking to appoint a SOX Consultant, complete the contact form below and we’ll get in touch with you within the next working day to discuss how we can help you find the best person for your role.
Looking to send us your details or searching for a new member of your team?
Get in touch today
Are you or your organisation looking for a SOX Consultant? Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position. To find out more, complete the contact form below and we’ll be in touch within the next working day to discuss your opportunity further.