What is an Operational Risk Manager?
Operational Risk Management (ORM) is defined as a continual process which includes risk assessment, risk decision making, and implementation of risk controls, which results in acceptance, mitigation, or avoidance of risk. Operational Risk Management is the oversight of operational risk, including the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes and systems; human factors; or external events.
What does an Operational Risk Manager do?
- Develops operational risk policies and standards for risk management;
- Performs operational risk identification and assessment in business units;
- Implements strategic plan to prevent, eliminate and mitigate operational risks;
- Assists Operational Risk Analysts in development of key risk and control indicators;
- Coordinates with senior management in performing operational risk reviews;
- Tracks and monitor operating risk issues for business units;
- Reports operational risk issues and decisions to senior management on regular basis;
- Assists in identifying and evaluating risk areas across the operational activities;
- Investigates root causes of operational risks and provide support to mitigate risk;
- Develops strong relationship with key stakeholders and business partners by addressing issues/concerns in timely manner;
- Maintains documentation for risk management and risk policies and procedures;
- Keeps abreast of latest operational risk management techniques and industry best practices.
Are you looking to appoint an Operational Risk Manager?
Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position. To find out more, complete the contact form below and we’ll be in touch within the next working day to discuss your opportunity further.
Why should you use us for your search?
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market;
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search;
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs;
- We have a database of pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC professionals who are ready and waiting to hear about your role.
If you or your organisation are looking to appoint an Operational Risk Manager, complete the contact form below and we’ll get in touch with you within the next working day to discuss how we can help you find the best talent for your role.
Operational Risk Manager
Looking to send us your details or searching for a new member of your team?
Get in touch today
Are you or your organisation looking for an Operational Risk Manager? Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position. To find out more, complete the contact form below and we’ll be in touch within the next working day to discuss your opportunity further.