What is an Internal Auditor?
Internal auditors work within organisations to monitor and evaluate how well risks are being managed, how the business is being governed and how well internal processes are working. They also provide a consulting service, advising management on how to improve systems and processes.
The work of an internal auditor differs from that of external auditors as they look at more than financial and accounting risks. They also consider factors such as reputation, growth, environmental impact, treatment of employees and ethics.
Their work helps senior management to provide evidence to stakeholders that they are managing the business effectively.
What does an Internal Auditor do?
- Attends meetings with audit subjects to develop an understanding of business processes;
- Travells to different sites to meet staff and obtain documents and information;
- Researches and assesses how well risk management processes are working and recording the results;
- Provides ad hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels;
- Performs risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to guide what to cover in audits;
- Provides support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities;
- Agrees recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations and helping to secure backing for them in meetings;
- Prepares reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant people;
- Assesses how well the business is complying with rules and regulations, and informing management of any issues that need addressing;
- Manages a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
Looking to hire an Internal Auditor?
Are you or your organisation looking to hire an Internal Auditor? Whether it’s permanent or a contract appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position.
Why should you use us for your search?
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market;
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search;
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs;
- We have a database of pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC professionals who are ready and waiting to hear about your role.
If you’re looking to appoint an Internal Auditor, complete the contact form below and we’ll get in touch with you within the next working day to discuss how we can help you find the best person for your role.
Looking to send us your details or searching for a new member of your team?
Get in touch today
Are you or your organisation looking for an Internal Auditor? Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position. To find out more, complete the contact form below and we’ll be in touch within the next working day to discuss your opportunity further.