What is a Head of Compliance?
A Head of Compliance is responsible for overseeing and managing the compliance function within an organisation, ensuring that the company and its employees are adhering with internal policies and procedures and also with regulatory requirements. Often to be able to hold this position, regulators have to sign off on the individual as competent and certify that they hold specific senior manager functions such as; SMF16 and occasionally SMF17.
What does a Head of Compliance do?
- Maintaining current knowledge of regulations and laws, keeping up to date on any changes and advising the board on any changes made;
- Providing guidance to the board of directors, senior management and employees on compliance;
- Overseeing and monitoring the implementation of the compliance program;
- Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties without fear of retaliation;
- Reporting on a regular basis on the progress of implementation, and assisting these components in establishing methods to improve efficiency and quality of services, and to reduce the vulnerability to fraud, abuse, and waste.
Are you looking to appoint a Head of Compliance?
- Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position. To find out more, complete the contact form below and we’ll be in touch within the next working day to discuss your opportunity further.
Why should you use us for your search?
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market;
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search;
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs;
- We have a database of pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC professionals who are ready and waiting to hear about your role.
If you or your organisation are looking to appoint a Head of Compliance, complete the contact form below and we’ll get in touch with you within the next working day to discuss how we can help you find the best talent for your role.
Head of Compliance (SMF16)
Looking to send us your details or searching for a new member of your team?
Get in touch today
Are you or your organisation looking for a Head of Compliance (SMF16)? Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position. To find out more, complete the contact form below and we’ll be in touch within the next working day to discuss your opportunity further.