What is a Data Privacy Officer?
The Data Privacy Officer is the person who is responsible for ensuring an organisation remains compliant within the Data Privacy legislation guidelines, a role that has become even more important since the arrival of GDPR.
DPOs are responsible for educating the company and its employees on important compliance requirements, training staff involved in data processing, and conducting regular security audits. DPOs also serve as the point of contact between the company and any Supervisory Authorities (SAs) that oversee activities related to data.
What does a Data Privacy Officer do?
- Create ‘best practice’ guidance for data processors, preferably in written form for future reference;
- Train and advise staff on the provisions of the Data Protection Act;
- Identify and monitor the data processors whilst at work, ensuring that they deal with data in a manner consistent with the 8 data protection principles;
- Process and respond to all requests for information by data subjects;
- Ensure data remains up-to-date and is destroyed when necessary.
Are you looking to appoint a Data Privacy Officer?
Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position. To find out more, complete the contact form below and we’ll be in touch within the next working day to discuss your opportunity further.
Why should you use us for your search?
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market;
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search;
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs;
- We have a database of pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC professionals who are ready and waiting to hear about your role.
If you or your organisation are looking to appoint a Data Privacy Officer, complete the contact form below and we’ll get in touch with you within the next working day to discuss how we can help you find the best talent for your role.
Data Privacy Officer
Looking to send us your details or searching for a new member of your team?
Get in touch today
Are you or your organisation looking for a Data Privacy Officer? Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position. To find out more, complete the contact form below and we’ll be in touch within the next working day to discuss your opportunity further.