What is a Chief Risk Officer?
The Chief Risk Office (CRO) is typically concerned with issues such as insurance and financial auditing, internal auditing, global business variables, fraud prevention and other internal corporate investigations. They’re also responsible for implementing operational risk management and mitigation processes to avoid losses stemming from inadequate or failed procedures, systems or policies. Operational risk management includes business continuity/disaster recovery planning, the development of information security processes and providing input on governing regulatory compliance data.
What does a Chief Risk Officer do?
- Develops risk maps & strategic action plans to mitigate the company’s primary threats, and monitor the progress of risk mitigation efforts;
- Develops risk analysis and progress reports to company executives, board members and employees;
- Evaluates potential operational risk stemming from employee errors or system failures that could disrupt business processes, then develop strategies to both reduce exposure to these risks and adequately respond when these issues occur;
- Integrates risk management priorities into the company’s overall strategic planning;
- Develops and implement information and risk assurance strategies to protect against and manage risk related to the use, storage and transmission of data and information systems;
- Oversees funding and budgeting of risk management and mitigation projects;
- Communicates with company stakeholders and board members about the business’ risk profile and assessments.
Are you looking to appoint a Chief Risk Officer?
Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position. To find out more, complete the contact form below and we’ll be in touch within the next working day to discuss your opportunity further.
Why should you use us for your search?
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market;
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search;
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs;
- We have a database of pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC professionals who are ready and waiting to hear about your role.
If you or your organisation are looking to appoint a Chief Risk Officer, complete the contact form below and we’ll get in touch with you within the next working day to discuss how we can help you find the best talent for your role.
Chief Risk Officer
Looking to send us your details or searching for a new member of your team?
Get in touch today
Are you or your organisation looking for a Chief Risk Officer? Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position. To find out more, complete the contact form below and we’ll be in touch within the next working day to discuss your opportunity further.