What is a Risk Analyst?
Financial risk analysts identify and analyse the areas of potential risk threatening the assets, earning capacity or success of organisations in the industrial, commercial or public sector. They’re responsible for predicting change and future trends, as well as forecasting cost to the organisation.
Typical duties of a Risk Analyst:
- making recommendations to reduce or control risk, which may involve an insurance strategy;
- liaising with underwriters and insurers;
- forecasting and monitoring market trends;
- considering proposed business decisions;
- conducting research to assess the severity of risk;
- reviewing legal documents;
- presenting ideas via reports and presentations, outlining findings and making recommendations for improvements;
- purchasing insurance;
- analysing a bank’s market position and running figures through complex modelling techniques to find value at risk (VAR) measurements;
- carrying out quantitative analysis;
- using financial packages and software, including portfolio management software;
- studying government legislation, which may affect a company, and advising on compliance;
- protecting the organisation’s assets and public image;
- developing contingency plans to deal with emergencies.
Looking to appoint a Risk Analyst?
Are you or your organization looking to hire a Risk Analyst? Whether you need a permanent or interim appointment, we can find the right candidate for your role. To find out more, hit the “book a call” button below and complete the contact form and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your opportunity further.
Why Kind Consultancy?
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market.
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search.
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs.
- We have a database pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC experts that are ready and waiting to hear about your role.