What is a Programme Director?
The Programme Director provides the interface between programme ownership and delivery and acts as a pivot point between the business and the programme manager.
The programme director is the client-side representative, acting as a single point of contact with a programme manager for the day-to-day management of the interests of the client organisation.
What does a Programme Director do?
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization;
- Plan programs from start to finish involving deadlines, milestones and processes;
- Develop or approve budgets and operations;
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements;
- Supervise all program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems;
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people;
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed;
- Read reports prepared by managers to determine progress and issues;
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies;
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations.
Looking to hire a Programme Director?
Are you or your organization looking to hire a Programme Director? Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the person candidate for the position. To find out more, hit the “book a call” button below and complete the contact form and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your opportunity further.
Why should you use us for your search?
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market.
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search.
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs.
- We have a database pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC experts that are ready and waiting to hear about your role.
If you or your organisation is looking to appoint a Programme Director, complete the contact form below and we’ll get in contact with you within two working hours to ascertain how we can help you find the best talent in the market.