What is an Operational Risk Manager?
The term Operational Risk Management (ORM) is defined as a continual process which includes risk assessment, risk decision making, and implementation of risk controls, which results in acceptance, mitigation, or avoidance of risk. Operational Risk Management is the oversight of operational risk, including the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes and systems; human factors; or external events.
Typical duties of an Operational Risk Manager:
- Develop operational risk policies and standards for risk management.
- Perform operational risk identification and assessment in business units.
- Implement strategic plan to prevent, eliminate and mitigate operational risks.
- Assist Operational Risk Analysts in development of key risk and control indicators.
- Coordinate with senior management in performing operational risk reviews.
- Track and monitor operating risk issues for business units.
- Report operational risk issues and decisions to senior management on regular basis.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating risk areas across the operational activities.
- Investigate root causes of operational risks and provide support to mitigate risk.
- Develop strong relationship with key stakeholders and business partners by addressing issues/concerns in timely manner.
- Maintain documentation for risk management and risk policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of latest operational risk management techniques and industry best practices.
Are you seeking to appoint an Operational Risk Manager?
Whether you’re looking to make a permanent or interim appointment, we can help you find the best candidate for the role. To find out more, hit the “book a call” button below and complete the contact form and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your opportunity further.
Why Kind Consultancy?
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market.
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search.
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs.
- We have a database pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC experts that are ready and waiting to hear about your role.