What is an Internal Auditor?
Internal auditors work within organisations to monitor and evaluate how well risks are being managed, how the business is being governed and how well internal processes are working. They also provide a consulting service, advising management on how to improve systems and processes.
The work of an internal auditor differs from that of external auditors as they look at more than financial and accounting risks. They also consider factors such as reputation, growth, environmental impact, treatment of employees and ethics.
Their work helps senior management to provide evidence to stakeholders that they are managing the business effectively.
What are their duties?
- Attending meetings with audit subjects to develop an understanding of business processes;
- Travelling to different sites to meet staff and obtain documents and information;
- Researching and assessing how well risk management processes are working and recording the results;
- Providing ad hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels;
- Performing risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to guide what to cover in audits;
- Providing support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities;
- Agreeing recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations and helping to secure backing for them in meetings;
- Preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant people;
- Assessing how well the business is complying to rules and regulations and informing management whether any issues need addressing;
- Managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
Looking to hire an Internal Auditor?
Are you or your organization looking for an Internal Auditor(s)? Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the person candidate for the position. To find out more, hit the “book a call” button below and complete the contact form and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your opportunity further.
Reasons to partner with Kind Consultancy:
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market.
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search.
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs.
- We have a database pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC experts that are ready and waiting to hear about your role.
If you or your organisation is looking to appoint a Internal Auditor, complete the contact form below and we’ll get in contact with you within two working hours to ascertain how we can help you find the best talent in the market.