What is a Head of Governance?
The Head of Governance is often tasked with building and maintaining the governance function that enables the leaders of an organization to successfully deliver effective strategic and effective decision making at Board and Board Committees and to play a leading contribution to wider corporate projects and our cultural development.
What are the Head of Governance’s duties?
- Pro-actively identify and provide recommendations for solutions to governance risk/issues including horizon scanning for changes to Governance;
- Create, update and review governance related policies and procedures;
- Work with the internal Audit providers to ensure the Audit Plans are achieved;
- Carry out compliance, regulation and due diligence reviews on financial and non-financial areas;
- Ensure Risk Management framework and Registers are maintained and provide reports;
- Oversee the development and monitoring of strategies and policies, including the alignment to relevant legislation and coordinate review schedules.
Looking to hire a Head of Governance?
Are you or your organization looking to appoint a Head of Governance? Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the person candidate for the position. To find out more, hit the “book a call” button below and complete the contact form and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your opportunity further.
Why should you use us for your search?
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market.
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search.
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs.
- We have a database pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC experts that are ready and waiting to hear about your role.
If you or your organisation is looking to appoint a Head of Governance, complete the contact form below and we’ll get in contact with you within two working hours to ascertain how we can help you find the best talent in the market.