A Head of Compliance is responsible for overseeing and managing the compliance function within an organisation, ensuring that the company and its employees are adhering with both internal policies &procedures and also with regulatory requirements.
Often to be able to hold this position, regulators have to sign off on the individual as competent and certify that they hold specific senior manager functions such as; SMF16 and occasionally SMF17.
Head of Compliance main duties include:
- Maintaining current knowledge of regulations and laws, keeping up to date on any changes and advising the board on any changes made
- Providing guidance to the board of directors, senior management and employees on compliance
- Overseeing and monitoring the implementation of the compliance program
- Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties without fear of retaliation.
- Reporting on a regular basis on the progress of implementation, and assisting these components in establishing methods to improve efficiency and quality of services, and to reduce the vulnerability to fraud, abuse, and waste
Why partner with us to find your Head of Compliance?
- Through proactive search services you’ll gain greater exposure to the senior candidate market
- Receive access to our team experienced Governance, Risk & Compliance consultants
- Proactive head-hunting results in faster delivery times than passive candidate sourcing
- You’ll receive a tailored short-list of qualified compliance experts ideal for your opportunity
- Our database of pre-vetted contractors enables us to deliver candidates swiftly
If you’re looking to hire a Head of Compliance for your organisation, complete the contact form below and we’ll get in contact with you within two working hours.