What is a CSO / ISO?
A Chief Security Officer (CSO) / Information Security Officer (ISO) is an organization’s senior most executive accountable for the development and oversight of policies and programs intended for the mitigation and/or reduction of compliance, operational, strategic, financial and reputational security risk strategies relating to the protection of people, intellectual assets and tangible property.
CSO’s / ISO’s will typically:
- Cooperate with the organization’s executive leadership team(s) to direct and develop an effective strategy to assess and mitigate risk, manage crises and incidents, maintain continuity of operations, and safeguard the organization.
- Direct staff in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes, practices, and policies throughout the organization to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability in all areas of information, financial, physical, personal, and reputational risk.
- Prioritise issues and proactively organise work to identify the most appropriate solutions when faced with conflicting demands
- Provide appropriate investigation, coordination and reporting to make certain that information security incidents are reported, followed up and appropriately addressed.
- As required, monitor, review and inspect facilities, systems and networks for possible security vulnerabilities to provide assurance internally and externally that proper controls are in place.
(*This list is none exhaustive)
Are you looking to appoint a CSO / ISO?
If your organization is looking to hire a CSO / ISO, contact us today! By completing the form below we’ll be able to contact you within 24 hours in order to ascertain how we can help you find the best talent for your opportunity.
Why partner with Kind Consultancy?
- Our extensive network of security experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market.
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search.
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs.
- We have a database of both permanent and interim candidates to suit your organization’s needs.
So, if your organisation requires a CSO and ISO we can be of assistance. Our team of experience Consultants have access to an extensive network of interim and permanent GRC professionals across the UK and Europe. To start the process of working with us, complete the form below and we’ll contact you within two working hours to discuss your opportunities.