What is a Credit Risk Manager?
Credit risk refers to the probability of loss due to a borrower’s failure to make payments on any type of debt. Credit risk management is the practice of mitigating losses by understanding the adequacy of a bank’s capital and loan loss reserves at any given time – a process that has long been a challenge for financial institutions. It is the duty of a Credit Risk Manager to mitigate losses with regards to financial risk for an organization.
Some responsibilities of a Credit Risk Manager may include:
- Review strategic credit positions
- Assess Changes in Largest Exposures
- Review Credit Limits
- Assess if provisions are up to date
- Review if concentrations are within stipulated limits
- Assess if all credit exposures are covered and mapped
- Report all significant risks
- Ensure credit risk reports reach all relevant parties
- Discuss significant credit risks if any with top management
- Conduct stress and scenario testing and analysis of portfolio at global levels
- Review past or anticipated changes in provisions
- Review if any changes need to be made in specific provisions
- Ensure all transactions have full and proper documentation
- Ensure credit protection is fully understood and utilized
- Explore if there are any further possibilities of exploiting credit protection
Are you looking to appoint a Credit Risk Manager?
Whether your opportunity is a permanent or interim appointment, we can help you find the ideal candidate for the position. To find out more, hit the “book a call” button below and complete the contact form and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your opportunity further.
Why Kind Consultancy?
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market.
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search.
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs.
- We have a database pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC experts that are ready and waiting to hear about your role.