What is a Chief Risk Officer?
The Chief Risk Office (CRO) are typically concerned with issues such as insurance and financial auditing, internal auditing, global business variables, fraud prevention and other internal corporate investigations. They’re also responsible for implementing operational risk management and mitigation processes to avoid losses stemming from inadequate or failed procedures, systems or policies. Operational risk management includes business continuity/disaster recovery planning, the development of information security processes and providing input on governing regulatory compliance data.
Duties of the Chief Risk Officer:
- Develop risk maps & strategic action plans to mitigate the company’s primary threats, and monitor the progress of risk mitigation efforts.
- Develop risk analysis and progress reports to company executives, board members and employees.
- Evaluate potential operational risk stemming from employee errors or system failures that could disrupt business processes, then develop strategies to both reduce exposure to these risks and adequately respond when these issues occur.
- Integrate risk management priorities into the company’s overall strategic planning.
- Develop and implement information and risk assurance strategies to protect against and manage risk related to the use, storage and transmission of data and information systems.
- Oversee funding and budgeting of risk management and mitigation projects.
- Communicate with company stakeholders and board members about the business’ risk profile and assessments.
Are you looking to appoint a Chief Risk Officer?
If you’re looking to hire a Chief Risk Officer for your organisation, we can help! Whether your opportunity is a permanent or interim appointment, we can shortlist candidates that are ideal for the position. To find out more, hit the “book a call” button below and complete the contact form and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your opportunity further.
Why Kind Consultancy?
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market.
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search.
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs.
- We have a database pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC experts that are ready and waiting to hear about your role.