The Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) is responsible for overseeing and managing the compliance function within an organisation, ensuring that the company and its employees are adhering to both internal policies & procedures and also with regulatory requirements.
Often to be able to hold a position of this seniority, regulators will have to sign offon an individual and certify that they are competent and hold senior management functions such as; SMF16, SMF17 and SMF28.
A Chief Compliance officer's duties typically include:
- Maintaining current knowledge of regulations and laws, keeping up to date on any changes
- Developing the annual compliance work plan that reflects the institution’s highest risks that will be monitored by the compliance function as determined by conducting a mandatory annual risk assessment using an enterprise wide approach.
- Providing guidance to the board of directors, senior management and employees on compliance
- Overseeing and monitoring the implementation of the compliance program
- Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties without fear of retaliation.
- Reporting on a regular basis on the progress of implementation, and assisting these components in establishing methods to improve efficiency and quality of services, and to reduce the vulnerability to fraud, abuse, and waste
Why partner with us for your CCO opportunity?
- Through proactive search services you’ll gain greater exposure to the candidate market
- Receive access to our team experienced Governance, Risk & Compliance consultants
- Proactive head-hunting results in faster delivery times than passive candidate sourcing
- You’ll receive a tailored short-list of highly experienced compliance professionals ideal for your opportunity
- Our portfolio of pre-vetted contractors enables us to deliver candidate short-lists promptly
If you or your organisation is looking to appoint a Chief Compliance Officer, complete the contact form below and we’ll get in contact with you within two working hours to ascertain how we can help you find the best talent in the market.