Basel ll requires financial institutions to maintain enough cash reserves to cover risks incurred by operations and is an internationally recognised business standard. Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BSBS) issues banking laws and regulations which are a series of recommendations forming the Basel accords.
The three essential requirements of Basel II are:
- Mandating that capital allocations by institutional managers are more risk sensitive
- Separating credit risks from operational risks and quantifying both
- Reducing the scope or possibility of regulatory arbitrage by attempting to align the real or economic risk precisely with regulatory assessment
Basel ll has had a direct result in the evolution of banking strategies such as the risky investments in to the subprime mortgage market as well as moving higher risks assets to unregulated parts of holding companies.
Why partner with us to find Basel II experts?
- Through proactive search services you’ll gain greater exposure to the candidate market
- Receive access to our team experienced Governance, Risk & Compliance consultants
- Proactive head-hunting results in faster delivery times than passive candidate sourcing
- You’ll receive a tailored short-list of Basel II qualified candidates ideal for your opportunity
- Our database of pre-vetted contractors enables us to deliver candidates swiftly
If you’re looking to bring a Basel II expert into your business on an interim or permanent basis, get in touch today! Once you’ve completed the contact form below we’ll get in contact with you within two working hours to further qualify how we can help you with your search.