Kind Consultancy is working with a well-established Financial Services business in the East Midlands which is now seeking a Senior Underwriter.
The Senior Underwriter will ensure the organisation’s underwriting standards and practices are upheld and embedded in the underwriting team, with key responsibilities including:
- Handling enquiries relating to all aspects of mortgage applications from customers and intermediaries
- Contributing to training Mortgage Servicing Assistants on the Underwriting Training & Competence Framework.
- Monitoring suitability of applications and compliance with current lending policy
- Processing mortgage applications to offer stage
- Approving advances up to the level of mandate
- Preparing applications outside of mandate for higher mandated approval, including MIG referrals and authorisation numbers
- Identifying opportunities to improve the mortgage process without compromising standards, assisting the Senior Underwriting Manager in researching underwriting practices for new and existing areas of lending
Our ideal candidate for the Senior Underwriter opportunity:
- Holds a full CeMAP qualification
- Has 3 or more years of Mortgage Underwriting experience
- Is a problem-solver with consistently excellent attention to detail
- Is highly organised, can think on their feet and adapt quickly in an agile work environment
- Is committed to providing outstanding customer service at all times
- Holds five or more GCSEs at Grade C or above, including Maths and English
If you’re interested in the Senior Underwriting opportunity and you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an up to date CV today.