Kind Consultancy is working with a fast-growing Consumer Credit business which is currently seeking a Senior Compliance Manager to join their team in the North West of England, in a permanent role paying circa £70,000 (dependent on experience) and requiring 2-3 days in-office per week.
Reporting to the Compliance Director, the Senior Compliance Manager will play a key role and designing and developing the organisation’s compliance framework, with key responsibilities including:
- Providing compliance support, including regulatory advice and guidance, to the business
- Aiding the Compliance Director in developing an annual compliance plan, outlining high-level deliverables and timings and delivering the plan in line with these
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of the business’s risk management and compliance assurance frameworks
- Undertaking reviews in accordance with the compliance plan, assessing the effectiveness of conduct risks and regulatory control processes to assess the delivery of intended business and regulatory outcomes, including adherence to regulatory and company standards
- Conducting compliance monitoring and testing activities including writing reports that present monitoring results, capturing findings and actions
- Maintaining an up-to-date horizon scanning matrix and a current awareness of all relevant legislation and market best practices
Our ideal candidate for the Senior Compliance Manager opportunity:
- Has proven Compliance Advisory experience within Financial Services
- Has experience of drafting policies, advisory notes/memos, operating processes and procedures, as well as of providing written and verbal advice to 1st Line business areas on the implications of regulatory requirements and conducting gap analyses of business processes against regulatory requirements and making recommendations for change
- Has demonstrable expertise in consumer credit requirements, preferably gained within the Motor Finance sector
- Has good knowledge of Treating Customers Fairly Principles and delivery of fair customer outcomes and a sound understanding of the FCA’s expectations in relation to the treatment of vulnerable customers
- Has well developed analytical skills and the ability to distil complex information into high-level Briefing Notes and reports.
- Is able to analyse and translate regulation into workable policies, processes and procedures.
- Is an excellent communicator, able to clearly and concisely discuss complex regulatory compliance issues in a manner appropriate for risk-focused stakeholders at all levels within the business.
If you’re interested in the Senior Compliance Manager opportunity, you’re based in commuting distance of Chester and you have the skills, knowledge and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.