Kind Consultancy is working with a long-standing insurance business which is currently seeking a Risk Officer to join their offices in Birmingham in a permanent, full-time role paying circa £32,000.
Reporting to the Risk Manager, the Risk Officer’s responsibilities will include:
- Providing group-wide operational oversight and collaboration on policies and processes, based upon a Group Risk Oversight perspective.
- Leading on the quarterly risk assessment programme of business functions, aiming to embed the Enterprise Risk Management Framework further into the business, by engaging multiple stakeholders.
- Maintaining the Group’s suite of Risk Registers, providing input into their development and evolution, in line with best practice.
- Ensuring effective risk mitigation plans are collated and established against specific risks, with a dedicated owner and target date for completion.
- Ensuring a robust operational risk control framework is in place, and that this engages with our Operational Resilience Framework and the ORSA.
- Providing business partnering support and risk oversight for management and their colleagues
- Providing e a review and suggested updates of existing risk-related policies, and identifying potential policy gaps in the risk policy suite.
- Leading on the upkeep of the risk-policy suite; e.g. diarising certain policy due dates for completion, and engaging with stakeholders.
- Supporting the delivery of all Solvency II risk management requirements
- Collaborating with Control Owners for each risk, specifically within the Risk Universe, capturing a granular suite of controls and aiming to add value to the Operational Resilience framework.
- Undertaking planning for assessments and audits for the year.
- Leading the Emerging Risk Forum, identifying new and developing emerging risks, and reprioritising workload accordingly.
- Promoting and actively developing the Group’s risk-aware culture.
- Supporting the research, development and delivery of bespoke risk training and awareness programmes.
- Ensuring proactive, collaborative, and open engagement channels with multiple stakeholders, maintaining those channels through risk reporting processes.
For the Risk Officer position, we’re looking for candidates who:
- Have 1-2 previous years’ experience of Risk Officer work within Insurance or Financial Services
- Possess a basic understanding of Solvency II and of risk-related subject matter; e.g. business continuity, compliance, etc.
- Are proficient with Microsoft Excel and its functionality
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex framework items in non-governance language
- Have strong relationship-building skills, inc. winning the hearts and minds of stakeholders
- Have good commercial and business acumen and are able to remain objective, even in difficult or challenging situations
- Hold or are working towards a recognised risk management certification, or equivalent; e.g. the IRM’s “International Certificate of Enterprise Risk Management”.
If you’re interested in the Risk Officer position and have the skills and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV.