Kind Consultancy is working with a well-established Financial Services business in the West Midlands which is currently seeking a Risk Manager to join them on a permanent basis. This is a predominantly remote role, requiring 1 day per month in their Birmingham office, and paying circa £60,000 dependent on experience.
The Risk Manager will focus on day-to-day management of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, with key responsibilities including:
- Managing and supporting the Risk Officer, ensuring they are effectively deployed and have the resources they need
- Overall ownership of the project of embedding a risk-aware culture across the business
- Developing the Enterprise Risk Management Framework in line with industry best practices, accommodating all relevant regulations including the FCA and PRA regulations
- Supporting the Head of Governance, Risk & Compliance in delivering robust governance frameworks to support the business’s strategy and help to achieve goals
- Reviewing the current Risk Management reporting suite, and aiming to improve the quality of information provided, whilst continuing to ensure timely delivery of reporting materials
- Ensuring control and risk owners are identified and are engaged and that independent challenge can be brought to the business in a collaborative manner.
- Reviewing and improving the current Risk Strategy and Risk Appetite framework
- Assessing and, where possible, quantifying the risks that are captured
- Reviewing the risk training suite, ensuring delivery of mandatory risk training.
- Reviewing (and where necessary, creating) risk management policies, including objective oversight of those written by other stakeholders.
- Building and embedding an Emerging Risk framework.
Our ideal candidate for the Risk Manager position:
- Has 4+ years of experience in managing Risk and delivering Risk Management frameworks
- Has previously developed a Risk Management framework, including rollout and embedding
- Holds a Risk Management qualification – ie. IRM Cert or equivalent
- Has good working knowledge of Solvency II and Risk Management standards eg. ISO31000, COSO ERM, etc
- Has experience of analysing data, and providing summaries and explanations to non-technical colleagues.
- Has a track record of successfully creating and delivering training materials to a range of stakeholders.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of policies and best practices of Risk Management
If you’re interested in the Risk Manager opportunity and you have the knowledge and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.