Kind Consultancy is working with a fast-growing consumer finance organisation which is currently seeking a Risk & Assurance Lead. This is a permanent position with a hybrid working model requiring 3 days per week in their Cheshire office, with a starting salary circa £45,000 dependent on experience.
The Risk & Assurance Lead will report to the Compliance Manager, with key responsibilities including:
- Ensuring risks are effectively addressed through regular monitoring and testing of policies, procedures, systems and controls in accordance with the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Identifying potential regulatory and non-regulatory risks through ongoing risk assessments with relevant business areas
- Initiating proactive action to address any gaps or deficiencies identified
- Reviewing and logging breaches and incidents, ensuring accurate records are maintained in relation to updates and evidence to support remedial action taken
- Conducting Root Cause Analysis on incidents to identify themes and emerging trends to assist with enhancing existing and implementing new policies, processes and procedures
- Receiving and reviewing closure evidence to validate the adequacy of actions taken to address findings from monitoring and testing activities
- Recording identified areas of regulatory risk and maintaining the accuracy of the internal risk management system
- Collating and validating risk information from across the business and providing constructive analysis and interpretation as appropriate
Our ideal candidate for the Risk & Assurance Lead opportunity:
- Has 1-3 years of experience in a Risk or Compliance function within Financial Services
- Has previously worked on compliance monitoring programmes and carrying out reviews, including but not limited to scoping, testing and drafting reports
- Has ood working knowledge and understanding of the regulatory framework within financial services and of the principles of risk management and associated processes
- Has demonstrable knowledge in consumer credit requirements, preferably gained within the Motor Finance industry
- Has working knowledge of end-to-end assurance methodologies and approaches and of Treating Customers Fairly Principles and the delivery of fair customer outcomes.
- Is an excellent communicator in both writing and speech, with well-developed relationship management skills – proven experience of building internal & external relationships, through strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Is able to receive and deliver feedback effectively and to define issues, collect data, establish facts, and draw reasonable conclusions
- Is consistently accurate, with exceptional attention to detail
- Is proficient in computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software programs
- Holding a relevant professional qualification would be desirable
If you’re interested in the Risk & Assurance Lead role and you have the skills, experience and knowledge we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.