Kind Consultancy has been retained by a well-established Retail Financial Services business that is currently seeking a Prudential Risk Manager. The role has flexible working but does require some travel to attend meetings at the organisation’s head office in the East Midlands when required.
The Prudential Risk Manager reports to the Chief Risk Officer and holds overall ownership of the 2nd Line Prudential Risk aspects of the Risk Management Framework, with key responsibilities including:
- Working with the CRO to deliver reports to the board on the 2nd line oversight of Lending Policy, Credit Risk Management Framework, ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Plan, Resolution Pack, Productive Initiatives and Lending Changes
- Oversight and challenge of the Risk Appetite, including reviewing limits, setting capacity and reviewing performance
- Coordinating and carrying out 2nd line lending asset quality reviews
- Producing monthly 2nd line Credit Risk MI for the board and relevant committees
- Ensuring all Prudential Risk Events and horizon risks are understood and monitored for their wider impact.
Our ideal candidate for the Prudential Risk Manager opportunity:
- Has substantial previous Prudential Risk management experience and Credit Risk knowledge
- Has previous experience of defining and implementing Credit Risk frameworks (essential)
- Is analytically minded, able to extract the most relevant information and utilise this to solve problems
- Has excellent communication skills, with previous experience of presenting at a Board level
- Has well-developed team leadership and stakeholder management skills
If you’re interested in the Prudential Risk Manager opportunity and you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an up to date CV today.
If your application is successful, we aim to contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days. Due to the overwhelming number of responses we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.