Kind Consultancy is working with a well-established and respected Retail Financial Services business that is currently seeking an Operational Resilience & Continuity Manager to join them in the East Midlands.
The Operational Resilience & Continuity Manager will report to the Head of Operations and will be responsible for all policies and procedures relating to Operational Resilience, Business Continuity and Third-Party & Outsourcing, with key activities including:
- Overall accountability to the leadership and management of Operational Resilience & Continuity delivery, ensuring departmental and business objectives are met
- Ownership of the Operational Resilience Policy, Business Continuity Policy and Third Party & Outsourcing Policy, ensuring the business maintains compliance with all relevant regulations
- Ensuring all policies, processes and procedures associated with Operational Resilience, Business Continuity and Third-Party Management & Outsourcing are regularly reviewed, updated and that the necessary training is undertaken to ensure staff compliance
- Ensuring robust oversight and control of commercial Third-Party & Outsourcing relationship management and governance
- Ownership of documentation supporting annual Important Business Service identification, Process / Resource Mapping, Impact Tolerances, Scenario Testing and Self-Assessments
- Co-ordinating the completion and maintenance of the organisation’s Business Continuity Plans
- Planning and leading scenario testing exercises (ranging from desktop simulations to severe, but plausible scenarios), capturing scenario testing outputs and providing recommendations of remediation activities where needed
- Ensuring all Third-Party artefacts and information sources, including the Third-Party Management Matrix, are maintained and updated
- Providing support and oversight to all business areas and acting as a trusted adviser for the first line of defence
Our ideal candidate for the Operational Resilience & Continuity Manager:
- Has in-depth knowledge of the Financial Services industry and specifically leadership and management of high-performing teams maintaining adherence to regulatory requirements
- Has a proven track record in Business Continuity Management, Third Party Relationship Management and/or establishing and embedding an operational governance framework and associated policies and procedures.
- Is able to challenge existing approaches/methods/systems – demonstrating a robust and determined approach to delivering results.
- Has strong communication skills at all levels, with the ability to utilise the capabilities of internal communication tools and resources
If you have the skills and experience we’re looking for and you’re interested in the Operational Resilience & Continuity Manager opportunity, please apply with an updated CV today.