Kind Consultancy is working with one of the UK’s biggest banks which is currently seeking an Interim Head of Payroll Delivery. The Interim Head of Payroll Delivery will oversee the accurate and timely execution of all Payroll services for approx 41000 employees, but will also review the current Payroll model and make suggestions on how the function should operate in future. This is a six-month contract opportunity paying circa £545 – £609 per day via umbrella dependent on experience. The role is largely home-based but will require occasional travel to the bank’s office in the Hemel Hempstead area for meetings.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure ongoing adherence to the organisation’s global Payroll strategies and standards, including Service Management, Governance and Reporting standards, Risk & Control frameworks and Key Performance and Risk indicators
- Working with the Chief of HR Operations on Payroll Organisational Design and execution, driving operational excellence, and increasing offshoring, productivity, automation and simplification through continuous improvement
- Driving the continued modernization of ‘Payroll Delivery’ based on industry best practice and methodologies.
- Driving Third Party Supplier management and controls through standardised best practice.
- Championing new ways of working based on continuous improvement and a customer-centric approach
- Implementing any change impacting Payroll Services
Our ideal candidate for the Interim Head of Payroll Deliver contract:
- Must have substantial experience in UK Payroll work, having previously run significantly sized multi-jurisdiction payroll operations (having knowledge of SAP EC-Payroll would be advantageous)
- Has strong Third Party Supplier management experience, including performance management, control management and relationship management
- Has a proven track record of demonstrating strong leadership, analytical, facilitation and stakeholder management skills
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of operational risk, with experience of identifying and implementing risk-mitigating controls
- Has good knowledge of LEAN and previous experience of leading large-scale change programmes, re-engineering processes and delivering continuous improvement on a global scale
If you have the skills and experience we’re looking for and you’re interested in the Interim Head of Payroll Delivery contract, please apply with an updated CV today.