Kind Consultancy is working with a large, successful Financial & Property Services business which is currently seeking a Head of Governance & Enterprise Risk to join their Birmingham office.
The Head of Governance & Enterprise Risk will report to the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer, managing a small team of Risk & Governance subject matter experts and focussing on evaluating and improving the effectiveness of Risk Management, Control and Governance processes, with key responsibilities including:
- Developing a “risk appetite” framework that provides appetite statements in line with business strategy.
- Leading on building a risk control self-assessment framework across the business.
- Analysing risk management activities carried out across the business and presenting findings
- Reporting on emerging risks, risk control adequacy and effectiveness and recommending improvements to Senior Management.
- Leading the Enterprise Wide Risk Management processes and policy for the business
Our ideal candidate for the Head of Governance & Enterprise Risk opportunity:
- Has 2+ years of experience in an Enteprise Risk Management role that has involved managing stakeholders across all levels of seniority and facilitating meetings and workshops for Operational and Senior Management levels
- Has 5+ years of working in roles involving maintaining up to date knowledge of the legislative and regulatory landscape
- Holds a relevant industry qualification such as an Institute of Risk Management certificate
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to credibly interact with Senior Management and to influence at all levels
- Is highly organised, able to efficiently multi-task and prioritise their own workload
- Has strong leadership and motivational skills
- Has previous experience of report writing, policy creation and communication
If you’re interested in the Head of Governance & Enterprise Risk opportunity and you have the skills, experience and knowledge we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.