Kind Consultancy is working with a leading Motor Finance business which is currently seeking Head of First Line Risk & Control to join them in a permanent role paying £60,000 – £70,000 dependent on experience. This is a full-time position with a hybrid work model requiring 3 days per-week in-office in Manchester.
A newly created position reporting into Operations management, the Head of First Line Risk & Control will partner and work with the first line executive and management teams to lead the continued build-out and maturity of our approach to Risk Management in the first line, acting as a bridge between senior business management and the Group Risk and Compliance (GR&C) function. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Providing day to day risk management guidance, management, support, education, and training to first line management to ensure risk management is embedded throughout the business
- Supporting the management team with embedding of regular risk & control governance meetings, as well as other key risk management tasks
- Managing risk event recording and assisting business areas with identifying and addressing incident root causes with appropriate management action plans
- Supporting Management in the ongoing review, development and embedding of the firm’s risk policies, including communication and training.
- Promoting a culture of risk awareness across the business.
Our ideal candidate for the Head of First Line Risk & Control:
- Has 5 years or more experience of working in a first or second line risk or controls, or third line, assurance function
- Has experience of working in regulated Financial Services environments, with a focus on customer outcomes.
- Has exposure to consumer credit and/or general insurance regulation and working knowledge of the applicable regulatory expectations in the motor finance sector
- Holds a Risk Management, or financial discipline (CA, ACCA, CIMA etc.) postgraduate qualification
- Is able to demonstrate commercial, pragmatic, and proportionate decision-making.
- Possesses strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the confidence to challenge constructively and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a non-technical way.
- Has robust stakeholder management skills, comfortably and credibly interacting with staff at all levels of the business, including CEO’s and other Board Members.
If you’re interested in the Head of First Line Risk & Control opportunity and you have the skills, knowledge and experience that we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.