Kind Consultancy is working with a long-standing and highly respected Insurance business which is currently seeking a Head of Compliance to join their offices in the Birmingham area in a 12-month fixed term contract in a predominantly remote role.
Reporting to the Executive Head of Governance, Risk & Compliance, the Head of Compliance will build and mature a regulatory and conduct risk-aware culture throughout the business, and will maintain an effective and efficient compliance framework, designing programmes and leading the Compliance team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Performing the SMF16 (Compliance Oversight) function under SM&CR.
- Overall responsible for oversight of the firm’s compliance framework, and reporting to the governing body in respect of the firm’s responsibility in regulatory matters.
- Acting as the first point of contact for regulatory bodies including FCA, PRA and FOS. Dealing with general and complex queries from the regulatory authorities.
- Reporting quarterly to the Risk and Compliance Committee, detailing progress on the compliance plan, new compliance risks, a compliance risk assessment, and other items.
- Maintain the firm’s Management Responsibilities Map and other governance tools and leading the compliance update in Risk and Compliance Committee meetings.
- Providing oversight of the Compliance function’s day-to-day activities.
- Ensuring timely and accurate submission of required regulatory reporting including RMAR (Retail Mediation Activities Return), Internal reports to the Board, ad-hoc regulatory requests, and other items.
- Responding to any alleged breaches of regulations by the firm, by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies/industry bodies and peer groups to ensure best compliance practices.
- Ensuring compliance oversight and sign-off on customer documentation, marketing, and financial promotions as required by the FCA.
- Establishing a compliance plan detailing regulatory changes, activities and resources that are applicable to the organisation
- Ensuring training is provided to the business on compliance and regulatory areas for all employees, Senior Managers, Executive Managers/Directors, and Non-Executive Directors.
- Overseeing the complaints process, including reporting to Senior Management, the Executive Committee and Board.
Our ideal candidate for the Head of Compliance fixed term contract:
- Holds a recognised compliance certification, or equivalent, at an advanced level;e.g. ICA Advanced Certificate, Diploma, etc. and is Cert CII (Chartered Insurance Institute) qualified [Essential]
- Has over 5 years post qualification experience in Compliance roles within Financial Services, and 3 years of line management experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of the FCA and PRA regulatory framework, inc. PROD, ICOBS, SYSC, etc.
- Holds experience of working in a compliance/governance environment and of planning and overseeing projects
- Has strong IT skills and is a confident user of Microsoft 365
- Has strong leadership and managerial skills
- Has excellent collaboration skills – someone who can work well with and influence all levels of the organisation from the Board through to all staff – and excellent communication skills, with ability to explain complex framework items in non-governance language
If you’re interested in the Head of Compliance opportunity and you have the skills, qualifications and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.