Kind Consultancy is working with a market-leading business process provider which is currently seeking a Governance Manager to join their Compliance team. The full-time, permanent role can be based in their offices in either the West Midlands, the South West or the North West. The position is paying up to £60,000 dependent on experience.
The Governance Manager will report to the Head of Compliance and will support them in advising the business on Corporate Governance principles and data management. Key responsibilities of the Governance Manager will include:
- Leading and maintaining the Stakeholder Governance Forum for the business to deliver high-quality outputs that can flow through the Governance, Risk, and Compliance programme
- Identifying Governance expectations for the business and cascading these to the Supplier Assurance Manager to integrate into the Supplier Assurance programme
- Supporting the implementation of a principles-based Governance, Risk and Compliance culture to complement the Corporate Governance framework by translating the ethics and culture into business practices
- Developing the certifications approach to successfully maintain the certifications programme in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Championing business continuity and disaster recovery processes
- Supporting the Head of Compliance with the development of group statements that unequivocally convey regulatory requirements whilst upholding principles and raising awareness – eg. anti-modern slavery and human trafficking, codes of conduct, whistleblowing, and conflicts of Interest
- Developing a highly effective, engaging, and dynamic Governance, Risk and Compliance education and awareness programme in consultation with specialist governance stakeholders across the business utilising a wide range of learning forums, methods, and training techniques such as blogs and short webinars to support the core compliance programme
- Acting as the regulatory nominated officer for data protection and engaging with business stakeholders on data governance and management matters
Our ideal candidate for the Governance Manager opportunity:
- Has 5+ years of experience in roles featuring the provision of excellent Governance services for internal and external customers
- Has 5 years of experience as a registered Data Protection Officer
- Has a good understanding of how to promote good Governance and Data Management practices
- Has very well developed communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with a range of audiences and build strong working relationships
If you’re interested in the Governance Manager opportunity and you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.