Kind Consultancy are working with an international Motor Finance business which is currently seeking a Data Protection Analyst to join them in a permanent, full-time role requiring 50% of their time to be based in their Berkshire office.
The Data Protection Analyst is the key person supporting the European Regional and Local Data Protection Manager to achieve compliance with Data Protection Regulations in UK and European operations. In this role, you will be expected to be able to grasp the complexity of personal data management and compliance with the legal requirements affecting the business’s UK & European operations. The goal is to ensure ongoing compliance and to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our compliance in the European Region (including Africa and the Middle East) through proper understanding and awareness of Data Protection by all Associates in the region’s operations.
Key responsibilities of the Data Protection Analyst will include:
- Helping to foster a data protection culture within the region, as well as assisting and advising where necessary on Global Data Privacy Initiatives
- Monitoring compliance with EU and UK GDPR, along with other Member State data protection provisions and with internal policies relating to the protection and use of personal data, including the assignment of responsibilities, awareness-raising and training of Associates involved in processing operations, and related audits
- Supporting preparation of the annual plan for data protection
- Providing support to all Branches and entities within the region on data protection regulations, related guidance and internal policy & rules
- Helping to facilitate prevention and problem-solving of data protection issues and risks
- Managing inboxes related to Data Privacy, including some external facing
- Supporting the Data Protection Managers to manage and fulfil data subject rights requests and responses
- Supporting in the maintenance of records of processing (asset register, privacy impact assessments and data transfer assessments), including by process and system owners in a central register (a commercial software package specialised in privacy management) supporting the administration, configuration and monitoring of the software
- Support the Regional or Local Data Protection Managers to take appropriate action in the event of a data breach within required timescales, including reporting to relevant stakeholders, authorities and regulators
Our ideal candidate for the Data Protection Analyst opportunity:
- Holds or is studying towards a recognised accredited qualification to at least foundation level in Data Protection Act 2018 or the GDPR
- Possesses sound knowledge and working background in data protection; Data Protection Act 2018 and The GDPR across Europe Economic Area states, awareness of privacy across Africa and Middle East useful.
- Has experience in risk management
- Is well-organized, analytical, and excellent in problem-solving, able to develop relationships and work with as well as advise and challenge whilst supporting the business to achieve its objectives effectively and efficiently,
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines; planning and prioritising own time efficiently whilst maintaining high accuracy and quality is essential
- Has advanced MS Office skills (especially PowerPoint)
- Has a background in or extensive knowledge of data or process analysis and automation, management and improvement would be advantageous, including exposure to and understanding of the aims and responsibilities of business functions over support functions
- Is familiar with oftware administration and configuration including dashboards and reporting is an advantage, especially with software such as SharePoint, MS Teams, Power apps and OneTrust.
If you’re interested in the Data Protection Analyst opportunity and you have the skills, knowledge and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.