Kind Consultancy is working with an innovative, fast-growing insurance group that is currently seeking a Compliance Specialist to join their West Midlands offices in a permanent, flexible role requiring 2-3 days per week based in-office.
The Compliance Specialist will report to the Head of Compliance and focus on providing actionable findings from independent compliance monitoring and assurance activities, with key responsibilities including:
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of a compliance framework that ensures compliance with FCA and other regulatory requirements, including data protection and financial crime across the group.
- Playing a key role in organising and carrying out compliance audits across the group
- Aiding in the developing and maintaining an assurance and monitoring framework, including audit checklists, to enable an efficient and thorough review of group operations for FCA and other regulatory compliance
- Playing a key role in conducting regular monitoring of MI (including file checks and call monitoring) and prepare reports for the senior leadership team accordingly
- Assisting in the identification, documentation and advice on the management of conflicts of interest across the group.
- Playing a key role in developing and maintaining a risk management framework and maintenance of associated risk registers
- Reviewing complaints and preparing associated reports with the aim of identifying root causes
- Escalating of issues, risks and trends arising from assurance and oversight activity to ensure other stakeholders are engaged in a timely manner
- Assisting in conducting horizon scanning activities to identify emerging risks and report accordingly
- Providing regulatory advice to other group functions and stakeholders including serving as a “compliance helpdesk”
Our ideal candidate for the Compliance Specialist opportunity:
- Has a good understanding of the relevant regulations and the FCA Handbook
- Has developed good regulatory awareness during previous experience of working in a regulated environment
- Has a collaborative and innovative approach to working
- Has strong communication skills – both written and in dealing personally with other stakeholders
- Is highly organised with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail
If you’re interested in the Compliance Specialist role and you have the skills, knowledge and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.