Website Kind Consultancy
Well established Retail Financial Services business
Kind Consultancy is working with a well established retail Financial Services business based in Nottinghamshire which is now seeking a Compliance Officer.
Key responsibilities of the Compliance Officer will include:
- Participating in the development of plans, policies, procedures and systems to ensure the department achieves its objectives in relation to conduct risk and treating customers fairly, compliance with MCOB, ICOBS, BCOBS, AML / Fraud prevention, data security, data protection, complaints, health and safety, and any other relevant regulation.
- Conducting, evidencing and report on 2nd line Compliance monitoring activity and monitoring reviews, to ensure compliance with regulatory, statutory and procedural requirements in accordance with the agreed Compliance Monitoring Programme and to provide feedback to relevant Managers.
- Overseeing and reviewing work undertaken by the Compliance Support Officers on the Compliance Monitoring Programme.
- Interpreting regulation and legislation in order to provide advice, support and guidance (as appropriate) to the Compliance team and to the wider business
- Ensuring that regulatory requirements relating to Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Countering Terrorist Financing (CTF) are complied with.
- Conducting and assisting in the recording, monitoring and reporting of all activities associated with Financial Crime (including AML / CTF and Fraud).
- Checking financial promotions, marketing and non-marketing literature to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements and provide appropriate feedback and advice to relevant staff.
- Checking mortgage products, Illustrations and APRCs, to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements and provide appropriate feedback and advice to relevant staff.
- Ensuring documentation relating to departmental systems, policies, processes and procedures is up to date at all times.
- Preparing Management Information (MI), internal and external reports as required.
Our ideal candidate for the Compliance Officer opportunity:
- Has previous experience as a Compliance Officer in Financial Services or a similar role, for example, 2nd line oversight or internal audit.
- Is able to interpret and implement regulations and legislation
- Knowledge of FCA regulatory rules and guidance including BCOBS, MCOB, Complaints, Financial Promotions, Financial Crime and Data Protection Regulations.
- Is a self-starter and problem-solver with the ability to work using their own initiative.
- Can work collaboratively with all areas of the business and liaise with staff at all levels across the business.
- Is an excellent communicator in writing and speech
- Is computer literate, and a confident user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
If you’re interested in the Compliance Officer position and you have the skills, knowledge and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an up to date CV today.