Kind Consultancy is working with a well-established and successful insurance business, which is currently seeking a Claims Handler to join them in a full-time, permanent role in their Manchester office in a position paying circa £25,000pa.
The Claims Handler will be part of the Claims team, with key responsibilities including:
- Conducting insurance claims reviews, assessing Tribunal papers and all other available information to make accurate insurance claims decisions in line with the policy wording
- Liaising with clients and ensuring all insurance decisions are made in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitoring claims progress and working with our intermediary’s Liability Consultants to get the best claims outcomes for clients and Irwell.
- Reviewing and responding to requests for an insurance contribution to settlement from the Intermediary’s Litigation Consultants, to assist them in their negotiations.
- Where a case has lost at Tribunal, reviewing tribunal papers against detailed HR advice logs and advising on policy coverage
- Understanding how to assess all claims information and apply a reserve in line with the reserving methodology.
- Ensuring the clients are treated fairly and receive excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
For the Claims Handler opportunity, we’re looking for candidates who:
- Have experience of working in a claims environment, ideally for 12+ months
- Are highly organised and able to prioritise their own work effectively
- Have very strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to have difficult conversations with customers
- Have a positive attitude and a proactive approach to claims handling
If you’re interested in the Claims Handler position and you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.