Kind Consultancy is working with a major multidisciplinary bank that is currently seeking a Business Analyst to join the Financial Crime Risk team within their Global Risk Analytics division on a twelve-month contract basis paying circa £450 per day via umbrella. This is a home-based remote role that may require occasional travel to their Sheffield offices.
The Financial Crime Risk Business Analyst will focus on identifying requirements, making recommendations for system changes, with other responsibilities including:
- Developing changes based on data, system performance and predictive modelling
- Supporting governance and engagement to ensure all elements of change and business readiness is successfully delivered
- Ensuring design and implementation processes and controls are well documented and followed
- Collaborating with delivery partners and subject matter experts in gathering, translating and clarifying requirements and design options.
- Adhering to and actively support established policies and procedures in the team
- Supporting change initiatives and embedding change initiatives within the team
Our ideal candidate for the Business Analyst contract:
- Has a background in AML including Transaction Monitoring experience and good knowledge of AML systems
- Has previous Business Analyst experience, including the translation of business requirements and technical specification, requirements gathering analysis and definition
- Having a strong understanding of Python, SQL, R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, Visual Basic, Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Ambari, etc.), SPARK or equivalent is desirable
- Possesses a good understanding of the business activities for a large global bank with diverse operations
- Has knowledge of payment activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations especially as they relate to AML, Payments, and Compliance.
- Has proven and progressive experience in financial services data analysis and/or application development; preferably within AML Compliance
- Has a successful track record of clearly articulating business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings both to Compliance Colleagues and Business Heads
- Has experience in any Visual Analytics tools and concepts e.g Tableau, SAS VA, Qlikview, Platfora an advantage.
- Understands business requirements and is able to convert these into positive systems changes
- Is a confident user of Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint
- Has well-developed stakeholder management skills
If you’re interested in the Business Analyst opportunity and you have the skills, experience and knowledge we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.