Kind Consultancy is working with a well established Retail Financial Services business which is currently seeking an Assistant Company Secretary to join them in a permanent, full-time role paying circa £32,000. This is a predominantly remote role, requiring 2-3 days each month to be based in the business’s Lancashire office.
Supporting the Finance Director and Company Secretary, the Assistant Company Secretary’s responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, updating and recommending for approval to the Board, the Corporate Governance Policy Statement, the Terms of Reference, annual meeting dates and other documents as required
- Providing internal governance advice to all Board, Board Sub-Committees and Board Management Committees on the Terms of Reference to ensure all decisions and discussions fall within their remit
- Ensuring that the Board and Executive are advised, and kept up to date, on their Statutory, Corporate Governance and other duties as specified in the PRA/FCA Rulebooks and other relevant legislation, regulation and good practices
- Tendering, managing and recommending for approval on a tri-yearly basis, a Board Effectiveness Review collating any actions and presenting updates to the Board on a quarterly basis
- Calling and taking minutes of meetings of the Board, Board Sub-Committees, Board Management Committees and Annual General Meeting as appropriate ensuring that all necessary supporting documents are available
- Producing monthly Board, Board Sub-Committees and Board Management Committees papers including; Committee Evaluation Summary and Results, Board Agenda Timetable and Board Training Plan
- Developing and managing the Schedule of Policies; and the agendas for the Board, Board Sub-Committees, Board Management Committees and Strategy Day event; finding appropriate external speakers where required
- Supporting with the arrangement of the Annual General Meeting ensuring that all documentation is compliant and issued in accordance with the timeframe set out in the Building Societies Act 1986 including managing the relationship with the chosen designer and scrutineers; tendering where necessary
- Assisting with the production of the Annual Report and Accounts and Summary Financial Statement using Adobe Acrobat
- Acquiring suitable legal advice in the event of a special resolution(s) being presented at the Annual General Meeting and ensuring that all documentation is compliant and issued in accordance with the timeframe set out in the Building Societies Act 1986
For the Assistant Company Secretary position we’re looking for candidates who:
- Are highly experienced in a secretarial role within Financial Services
- Has strong organisational and planning skills
- Possesses an excellent understanding of governance requirements within Retail Financial Services
- Must have strong PC and Software skills including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Is confident and credible in communicating at the highest levels including meetings of the Board of Directors
- Is an outstanding team player with the ability to motivate
- Has strong written and oral communication skills gained in a Financial Services organisation.
If you’re interested in the Assistant Company Secretary opportunity and you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.